Friday, April 18, 2014

Money Comes and Goes, But Family is FOREVER

When we made the decision to give IVF a shot, we were pretty certain it was going to be a one shot deal. The costs of doing a fresh IVF cycle are pretty high and in the end you're not even guaranteed a baby. That's one of the hardest parts of IVF. Putting your faith in something that you know may or may not work. But the thing is, I can't think of anything better to spend our money on. While other people are spending their money on fun toys and vacations, ours is going into growing our family. And I'm fine with that and hopefully in the end it will work for us.

After we learned that our first attempt at IVF failed, I was crushed. I felt we had just played our last card and lost big time. We didn't know if financially, another cycle was possible. I remember sitting with my husband, looking at pictures and videos of our two little boys on our phones, when my husband turned to me and said, "we have to try again, we need another baby." That along with my 6 year old begging me to try just one more time :) I think he's as baby hungry as I am! .


These two little guys:



(click picture to view video)

are the reason I will try whatever I can to have another baby.






No comments:

Post a Comment