Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Good Reminder

Written by Heather

My family has had a busy couple of weeks. We've been putting the finishing touches on our new home that we've been building since November and have been able to start moving in. So I haven't had a lot of free time to sit down and blog. My crazy 2 year old has also decided that sleep is unnecessary. He figured a way around the barricade I set up so he couldn't get out of his crib, so he's up bright and early in the morning, as well as all hours of the night and don't even get me started with the nap. So I haven't had a moment to myself to really form any sort of thought to share that doesn't involve legos, cars, or angry birds :) but, I came across this quote the other day and I felt that it related perfectly to my struggle with infertility. 




Infertility is one of the single most frustrating things I have had to deal with. It's easy to let the discouragement get to you. Even though I try really hard not to let it affect me, it does. I needed this reminder. This past week I was planning on getting my third IVF cycle started, but I just didn't feel ready. After doing two rounds back to back in which both ended with discouraging results, its been nice to have a couple months where I haven't had to worry about cycle days, running to  doctors appointments, and fertility meds and just be able to put my full focus on my family. Even though I know another baby would bring my family a lot of happiness, I just needed some time to not have to worry about all that and just be HAPPY :) Hopefully next month I'll feel a little more ready to dive back in.


Well, I'm off to find a bed since the L-man learned how to jump out of this barricade :) Obviously my baby doesn't belong in a crib anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment