Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Who is This Rachel Person?

I've been trying to think of what to write about today, but frankly, today is just one of those days where I want to sit in my pajamas, eat ice cream out of the carton, and watch Downton Abbey for 8 straight hours.  Ever have those days??  I'm not going to lie- everyday is an 'eat ice cream out of the carton' day for me :) That just always sounds delightful.  But that's beside the point.

I just feel like going with a bit lighter feel today for the ol' blog post.  Maybe let people get a little glimpse of me as a person (outside of my fertility fun) and maybe we can feel a little more like cyber friends :)

Here are some random things you should know about me:

--Most people think I'm shy, which I generally am if I don't know you well, but I have a a secret outgoing side (my favorite side :) that only few know about me (my dad says I am a 'closet actor', just to give you an idea)
^^Karaoke night where I sang Prince's 'Kiss'^^
--I love playing games (board games, yard games, any type of game, really) and this might be my motto...


                  ....but what happens in the game, stays in the game.  We can be friends again after!

--Oh, and don't cheat in a game with me.  I will call you out and you might cry.

--I can't laugh out loud if I tried.  The only ways someone can tell I'm laughing is if they see my shoulders shake or hear me trying to catch my breath afterward.  I am a horrible audience member in comedy clubs!

--I believe life is an adventure and I love to laugh (quietly, of course) and find the fun and humor in situations, even, and especially, when things don't go as planned.

--Speaking of adventure, I love to travel to new places, and adventures we have! (see pics below)

--I don't get scared easily.  My husband on the other hand...

--I love sports.  I love watching them (most of them) and I love playing them.  If I had the choice to hang with the guys and watch/play a basketball game or go get pedicures with the ladies, I would choose the basketball game every time.

--Yardwork?  Yes please!  I love it.  I'm a blue-collar worker at heart.

A couple more serious things you should know about me:

--I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints (I'm a Mormon!) and I love it.  My faith in the teachings and principles of our church gets me through many a rough day.

--I've got my family's back.  And I seriously have the best family around.  Immediate family, extended (I always get teased for how much I do with my cousins), in-laws, the works.

So, back on a serious note, even though I've experienced loss and hardship, it doesn't entirely define who I am.  Rather than any one thing defining me, I feel like everything comes together to continually develop me, including the trials I've gone through.  I'm still generally a happy, fun-loving person.  I just have to remind myself of that sometimes when I don't feel it ;)  Hope you've gotten to know a little more of the lighter side of me and that it doesn't scare you away!  Happy Wednesday!

We backpacked through Europe after college- started in London and never knew which country we'd be sleeping in next!

^^Doing our best impressions of chickens and the Heisman at the Eiffel Tower^^
^^Staying in the Alps in Gimmelwald, Switzerland^^
Cinque Terre, Italy...best pizza and gelato ever!
We joined along the Sound of Music tour in Austria
^^Visited Hitler's Eagle's Nest in Germany, or what looked to us like Lord of The Rings territory...
...while also marketing our sprite campaign^^
^^Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany^^
^^Last stop...Copenhagen, Denmark!^^
Snuck in one last adventure the year before Harper joined the fam in the magical Islands of Tahiti, where the hubby served his LDS mission
 





No comments:

Post a Comment