Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I'm in Good Company

Written by Alli

In June, I got a call from my sister.  I was headed into my niece's dance recital, but stopped cold in my tracks when my sister said, my friend is working with a girl who is thinking of placing her baby.  I started shaking and tears streamed down my face.  I received a strong confirmation, this was going to be our next baby.  After the recital I went home to tell Paul and we worked all weekend getting our adoption blog put together so the expectant mom would have something to look at.  Then we waited.  And waited. Nothing happened.  Of course I thought she didn't like us.  I was confused.  I had received a strong confirmation we were meant to know her.  Of course, yet again, I was given a lesson in patience.

Two months later, I finally got up the nerve to ask my sister if she'd given our blog to her friend.  She said that she had and she'd find out what was going on.  My sister called back later that day and said she'd heard from her friend and she had just barely told her about us that day.  Then my sister started to give me some details about the girl and the baby.  She was telling me the due date and was about to tell me the sex, but I already knew it was a girl.  When my sister confirmed this, I started shaking and crying again.  This was yet another confirmation that this was something we needed to pursue.

Things moved really quick after that.  After a quick phone call with "S", the expectant mom, we set up a date to meet.  We texted until we got to meet, and once we met, everything was solidified.  We both felt this was right and "S" told us she wanted us to raise her daughter.  We instantly fell in love with "S" and are so glad she will forever be part of our family.

It's been a couple weeks since this whirlwind happened.  Things are rough and a little scary right now.  There have been a few hiccups and our confidence is shaken.  We're trying to hang on to faith.  These next couple months are going to be hard.  Please continue to pray for our family and for "S".  Please also pray for the expectant father.

I saw this quote and instantly connected with it.  Paul and I have been trying hard on a lot of things lately and life just seems to keep getting harder.  However, it made me feel better about our current situation, which is weird, because the quote doesn't say everything will work out.  It doesn't say, everything will be ok.  What it does say is, I'm in good company.  I consider a lot of you, "the best that have ever lived".  You've made it through dark times and become stronger because of it. We'll make it through this and hopefully at the end of this tumultuous journey, baby girl will be in our arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment